Here is a classic romantic dish, so simple and easy to prepare with a little extra to make it luscious and more appetizing, the Pasta Corta con Salmone e Noci: or Pasta with Salmon and Walnuts.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4-5 walnut meats, chopped
- 2-3 ounces (50-75 g) smoked salmon, shredded
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Salt & pepper
- Flour, for thickening (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/2 pound (200 g) short pasta, along the lines of farfalle (bow ties).
Bring salted pasta water to a boil and while the pasta is cooking sauté the garlic in the oil in a skillet, discarding it when it has browned. Add the nutmeats, cook them for a few minutes, then add the salmon and season lightly. Add the cream and heat through, thickening the sauce with a little flour if you want. Drain the pasta and turn it into the skillet. Toss over a brisk flame for a minute, stir in the minced parsley, and serve.
You can also try salted smoked tuna which is as good as salmon.