Here’s a quick sandwich recipe that everyone would love. Enjoy the appetizing thin slices of seasoned roast beef, dripping with meat juices on a dense Italian roll.
Here are the ingredients:
- 4 pounds boneless rump roast
- 6 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Make a cut in roast with a sharp knife, and insert garlic slivers. Place roast in a pan not much larger than the roast. Pour water into pan, and season roast with salt, black pepper, red pepper, and oregano.
- Cover, and bake in preheated oven for 2 hours, basting occasionally. Remove from oven, and let cool in roasting pan. Meat should be very rare. Wrap tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, Remove roast from pan, and slice as thinly as possible. Add a little water to roasting pan, and heat on stovetop, but do not boil. Stir to blend seasonings. When au jus is hot, add sliced beef just long enough to heat through. Serve on crusty Italian bread with au jus available for dipping.
Author: lokipup66 // Category: Authentic & Traditional Italian Recipes
, Everyday Italian Recipes
, Healthy Italian Recipes
, Italian Appetizers
, Italian Food Online
, Low Fat
, Quick & Easy
, Side Dishes/Snacks
Still thinking of another luscious recipe for the love holiday? Here is one heavenly sapid version of customary pesto that you can dish up this Valentines Day; the “Pesto Herb Spread” is a quick and easy dip appetizer. Best served with pita chips, tortillas or sourdough bread, though you can dip almost anything from carrots, celery, and crackers. Sun dried tomatoes can be extra for a zesty relish. And add the finished spread with almonds or nuts to make it crunchy.
Here are the Ingredients:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Place cream cheese and pesto in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Mix in the chives and cilantro, you can also use fresh parsley. Continue blending until smooth. Transfer to a mold lined with plastic wrap. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 1 hour, or until firm.
And now you’re just ready to start your romantic party. Enjoy the appetizer while it lasts.